Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars

I love granola bars! I dont however love the cost or the extra junk thrown in. I looked around at a bunch of different recipes and combined them into my version. It will make about 24 quaker sized bars. They are chewy and delicious! I'll get the cost comparison up soon.

2 c Rice Krispies
1 1/2 c Quick Oats
1/2 c chopped peanuts
1/2 c light corn syrup or honey
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips (frozen for optimal results)

1. In a large bowl mix rice krispies, oats and peanuts. Set aside
2. In a medium saucepan add corn syrup(or honey) and brown sugar. Bring to boil
3. Once boiling remove from heat. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until creamy smooth.
4. Dump liquid mixture over dry mixture. Quickly mix it together
5. Mix in frozen chocolate chips. They dont have to be frozen, but it helps them not to melt.
6. Press mixture into a GREASED pan. I use a 9x13 glass pyrex pan.
7. Allow to cool. Cut into bars. I removed mine when they were "hard" enough and placed on a plate so they could dry completely.
8. Store in an airtight container.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yummy! Can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

those look delicious! thanks for posting this recipe. i am a really horrible cook, but this looks like something that i will be able to manage. :) definitely going to follow your blog!

xoxo SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

ashley said...

these look great!

Taylor said...

These look delicious!!! I will definitely be following and looking forward to more good recipes! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow if you like! I am new!

http://sometimeshavingitall.blogspot.com

xo
Taylor

Related Posts with Thumbnails